FOR THE BEAUTY GURU:
For the beauty lovin’ lady in your life. Surprise her with something as beautiful as she is.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Romance Eyeshadow Palette
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Every single girl needs this.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit
- Boscia Luminizing Pink Charcoal Mask
- Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops
- Jaclyn Hill X Morphe Eyeshadow Palette
- Clarisonic Mia 2 Holiday Set
- Mac Cosmetics Lipstick – Blankety is a color that looks good on literally everyone so there’s no need to worry if it will work or not or if she will like it. Everyone I have mentioned it to has tried it, loved it, and bought one of their own.
- Sigma Brush Cleaning Mat – I got this as a gift last year and I have used it so many times!!
- Mac Cosmetics Turquatic Perfume Set – This perfume is regularly $57 on its own so you get the rollerball basically free. I’m obsessed with this scent because it’s edgy and sweet, it is literally the only perfume I will use.
- Lush Cosmetics Deck The Halls Bath Bomb Gift Set
- Colourpop Cosmetics Sitting Pretty Set – They have so many amazing gift set options. Their stuff is extremely cheap normally, but in these sets it’s a serious steal!
FOR THE FASHIONISTA:
The girl dressed to the nines for any occasion. Shock her with a gift she will actually use.
- FREEBIRD Joey Booties I fell in love with these the moment I saw them in the store.
- Plaid Cardigan Sweater Just bought this in a size L because I loved how long it was.
- KanCan Mid-Rise Skinny Stretch Jeans Tried them on and made my mom buy them for me for my Birthday! So excited to get my hands on these babies.
- Metro Reflective Beanie I love how slim this hat fits, so sleek and cute.
- Automatic Leather Booties
Flying Monkey Mid-Rise Skinny Stretch Jean My favorite pair of black jeans.
- Weslan Tie Front Top
- Wendall Wide Leg Pant I need this comfy set.
- Infinity Black Belt Buying this for myself.
- Frankie Fur Coat Can’t get enough of this color & this coat.
- Sweater with Volume Sleeves
- Steve Madden Gabbie Thigh High Boots Super similar to the ones I wear all the time.
- Tie Cuff Bardot Sweater
- City Winds Fur Trim Puffer Coat This length keeps you so warm.
- Tularose Ruffle Cold Sleeve Sweater
- Rhinestone Choker Necklace Perfect for a glitzy girl. Getting this for my 21st birthday.
FOR THE FITNESS FANATIC:
For the lil mama who likes to get fit. Show her you appreciate the hard work she puts in.
- Adidas Full-Zip Hoodie – This cute hoodie is on my list this year too!
- No Show Socks – I can’t live without these babies.
- Lululemon Reveal 7/8 Tight – Lululemon is the best legging company ever. I don’t care that it’s expensive these pants make your booty look amazing and they’re so comfy. I usually buy the Align II pant because they’re “like naked” pants, but these pants are so adorable and they’re the 7/8 length that I love
- Nike Roshe Two Sneaker – I have a few pairs of Roshe’s and I love them!
- Invisibobble Hair Tye – Doesn’t leave a crimp or damage hair!
- Free People Run Hoodie
- Reebok Training Hayasu Sneakers – Also on my list.
- Metallic Zip-Up
- S’well Water Bottle
- Active Open Should Top
- Adidas 24/7 Sneaker – Really you can’t go wrong with any adidas shoe. NMD’s, Tubulars they’re all so cute.
- Lululemon Everywhere Duffel
- Xtend BCAA’s – Strawberry Kiwi is my favorite flavor by far, but they have tons of yummy flavors.
- Blender Bottle
- Responsible Down Vest
- Beats X Wireless Earbuds by Dr. Dre
Something for everyone on your list. A special guy, your dad, brother or friend! Remind him we couldn’t live without them.
- Apple AirPods
- Calvin Klein Boxers Fun tip : I always buy them from Nordstrom Rack because they’re way cheaper than anywhere else. Ain’t gotta be rich to be a playa.
- Adidas NMD C2 These may be in the men’s section but they’re on my list too.
- Beard Wrangler Mini Crate I LOVE this website. First of all, the gifts come inside a crate that the men would them have to break open to get their gift. (how fun!!) Also they have tons of different options for the guy in your life. My lash ladies at Lash Effect told me about this! (They also do gift cards inside of a cement block).
- Chrono Black Link MVMT Watch Tons of cute options if you don’t love this one & they’re really decently priced watches.
- Lightweight Down Puffer Jacket Comes in black and is on sale NOW!
- Montblanc Cologne One of my favorites.
- LVFT Assassin Hoodie Seriously mad I have no one to buy this for, I’m obsessed!
- Lululemon Pace Breaker Short I’ve had so many guys tell me how much they love these shorts.
- Alpha Fit Men’s Clarisonic Easy enough even a guy can do it.
- Holiday Alpine Jogger Pajamas
- Harry’s Winston Set Every guy I know loves Harry’s after they try it and never go back to dollar shave club.
- Dazi Fall Escape Tie Best size tie in my opinion.
- Mickey Mouse Tee
- Adidas Originals Classic Camp Backpack Love the size of this one.
- Adidas NMD R1 I would already have these shoes if I could find them in my size.
- Cleveland Cavaliers Hoodie
- Pro45 Blender Bottle
Hopefully this helps give you some ideas for your Christmas shopping!
Finally feeling inspired again to get back to my writing and blogging. Thank you to everyone who has followed along it has meant so much to me the sweet messages that I receive. Blogging is a huge thing and something hard and scary to break into, but hey if nothing else it’s a personal journal for me!
My first favorite I have found is the L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara. I get the washable formula, but they do make a waterproof! I’ve used a few L’Oreal and other brands mascara and there is NONE that compare. The first time I used it I was hooked. The formula makes them dramatically long and dark (I use it only on my lower lashes because I have extensions). I have naturally long lashes plus with this mascara they look just like top lashes! It’s so cheap too which I love because there are tons of other expensive things and for this to only be $9.99 really makes it attainable for everyone.
Next isn’t make up but I still have been obsessed with it. The Batiste Dry Shampoo!! Holy grail of dry shampoo. Hallelujah and thank the Lord!! I don’t even know what it is that makes this stuff so great, but it brushes out very nicely and works like a wonder. Using it will make my hair last days longer than normal. They have different smells (thank you Batiste) I really love that because I was previously using the LUSH powder dry shampoo but it only comes in one scent which I don’t like. Batiste even comes in TINTED versions. I’m extremely happy the beauty industry is finally looking out for us brunettes! Only $7.99, we’re bargainers right now because I’m saving up for a new car.
Finally we have our cream shadow the Pro Longwear Paint Pots from MAC! I bought both the Painterly and Soft Ochre. I use them as a base shadow/primer. The Painterly color is a soft pink and soft ochre is a more yellow hued color. The yellow would also be great to outline and define the edges of your brows also (for medium skin tones)! They are both really pretty colors if you just use them with a crease color or even if you build on top of, they just make your colors brighter and better all around. I use my finger to apply and blend them out, you could also use a concealer brush. I promise they’re not scary or intimidating, I know the word cream makes you think it will be hard to blend out but these are easy. I’ve used these before but forgot they existed until recently and I’m glad I rediscovered them!
Let me know via DM or on my contact me page what you would like to see or things you have questions about.
I’ve been getting my eyelashes done for over a year and a half now. I’ve been to a few different places and a lot of different lash girls. When I first started getting my lashes done I went to a specific girl constantly, but she got pregnant and had a baby so I had to find a new one. Let me tell you the process of finding a new good lash girl was not easy. I asked around and I went to at least 5 different lash artists before I found another that I really loved. My lashes were falling out like crazy, the artist wasn’t doing what I was asking for, and I barely had any left between my 2 week fills and let me tell you if you can’t go at least 2 weeks, you need to find a new lash girl. Now I can go a month and they still look great, given I don’t want to go a month but if I needed to I could. I would try to go twice to everyone to get a good feel on if they’re going to work for you and what you’re wanting or not, but if you know right away don’t waste your time or money. If you’re having clumps of lashes come out or the extensions themselves are just constantly falling off, your lash girl isn’t doing something right. Everyone goes through shedding phases or even when you’re not going through a shedding phase I would say most (not all but a good amount) of your lashes that do fall out (unless you’re picking them off or yank one accidentally) should have a natural lash connected to them. Check the lash artists Instagram page (most have them). Ask questions. Be sure to find someone who is LICENSED. Price doesn’t always ensure quality. It really goes both ways on that one. The girl I am seeing now is cheaper than some of the others I have seen and she is way better!
The lashes I get are Classic, they are cheaper than the Volume lashes (actually kind of a win) but I love the Classic because the lash itself is so thick and dark. I love a drama drama looking lash and not a super curly lash. I typically get a C curl with mixed lengths to create volume and a thick bold looking lash, but I have long and plentiful natural lashes so this works for me, but I would talk to your lash artist because she knows what will work for your lashes and what won’t. If you don’t have a lot of lashes volume might be a good option for you. Also, I know some people say that extensions damage your natural lashes, but that is actually a myth. As long as you have a trained lash artist who truly knows what she is doing your natural lashes will still be beautiful if you ever decide to stop getting them done. WARNING : after you have them you will not want to go back to just natural lashes because you will feel naked!
Getting my lashes done has increased my quality of life a lot. As silly as that sounds its totally true! (Hahaha) It only saves me a few minutes in the morning which is neither here nor there for me and maybe thats the thing that seals the deal for you, but I love the fact that they’re always done. Swimming? Great lashes. Just woke up? Great lashes. And most importantly they’re not uncomfortable! I was super worried that they would irritate me, however, you get used to them and after a day or so cannot even feel them. I used to use a strip lash and even thinking about having that thick band glued to my eyelid literally gives me the heebie jeebies. I HATE STRIP LASHES! They poke you and jab you and feel sticky. You can’t cry with them or swim. Half the time they fall off even without doing those things.
Finally I have some tips to help you get the most out of your lashes!
- Don’t get them wet for 24 hours after you have them done. (This allows the glue to set).
- No rubbing! With your hands, a towel, ect.
- NEVER wear mascara on them, especially waterproof.
- Don’t wear oil-based products near your face (including lotions).
- Groom them daily, but gently. (I use the brush my lash artist provides and a clean lip gloss wand along with diluted baby shampoo foam).
- Get them filled regularly. 2-3 weeks.
If you’ve been thinking about it, I highly recommend doing it but just understand that it is an investment and it can be expensive. Don’t get them if you aren’t ready to pay $50-60 every few weeks for a fill.
Fall is by far my favorite season not only because I love fall fashion, but also because of all the pumpkin spicy goodness! Pantone came out with falls fashion color report and it’s amazing. I know I said the same thing about spring. They just have the perfect colors and they obviously know what they’re doing. This makes me that much more excited for fall and hopefully you feel the same and like it gives you a little bit of direction when out shopping!
Here are a few of my favorite fall pieces I have found so far!
- Boho Midi Dress – Navy Peony
I fell in love with this piece the moment I saw it. I work in an office and I MUST have it. I love that florals can still be used during the fall, but not look out of place.
2. Music in Time Embroidered Top – Autumn Maple
3. Smoke Screen Jumpsuit – Tawny Port
4. Holly Pine – Shaded Spruce
I’m sorry if this post gives you PTSD like it does with me, but soften the blow a little bit and buy yourself a few supplies to get excited about it!
1. Tons of cute Note Pads
2. Velvet Pencils
3. Charging Key Chain
This made the list for obvious reasons. Moms calls are pretty important.
4. Good Reusable Water Bottle
With all the go go go you have to stay hydrated!
Staying organized is the only way to handle so much at once. A planner helps me a ton to make sure I never forget an appointment or an event. It also helps to get a visual on how much time you have before you have a test or paper due!
6. Gel Pens
7. Cute Packpack that will MAKE IT THROUGH THE YEAR!
Because we’ve all had that backpack that falls apart halfway through the year and we have to stick it out and make the best of the second half.
8. Quality Headphones
If you’re running around on campus and you want to avoid having to talk to people headphones are a must. KIDDING! But seriously when you’re in a noisy setting trying to study or unable to hear these are great and they’re wireless!
9. Pencil Pouch
To keep all the essentials together.
10. On The Go Coffee Cup
Good luck with your new school year! Remember that C’s get degrees, KIDDING again! Maybe.
This one is a shout-out to my girls with oily skin because I am right there with you. In high school I had perfect skin, not too dry not oily and I had no idea how good I had it. Life happens and things change and now I get SUPER oily in my T-zone. One of the things you can do to help prevent the mid-day oil breakthrough is to find a good oil-free foundation. I’ve created this little cheat sheet of foundations that are oil-free! There is a shade, price, and coverage for everyone.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear
- Semi-Matte Finish
- Medium to Full Coverage
- 24 HR wear
2. Clinique Stay Matte
- Matte Finish
- Sheer to moderate coverage
3. Lorac POREfection
- Medium to Full coverage
- SPF 20
- Paraben & fragrance free
4. Maybeline Fit Me Matte + Poreless
- Natural matte finish
5. Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder
- Illuminated natural finish
- Light coverage
- SPF 15
6. Smashbox BB Water
- Sheer to medium coverage
- SPF 30
- Natural finish
7. Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect
- Medium-Full coverage
- SPF 35
- 16 HR wear
- Luminous matte-finish
8. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof
- Medium to full weightless coverage
- 24 HR wear
- Repels moisture
- Satin Finish
9. Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfection
- Medium to full coverage
- Naturally Radiant
- Hyaluronic Acid infused
10. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR
- Demi-Matte Finish
- 24 HR wear
- Medium Coverage
11. Tarte Amazonian Clay
- Buildable Coverage
- Vegan & Hypoallergenic
- 12 HR
- Matte Finish
- SPF 15
There are tons of amazing oil-free foundations. Obviously I couldn’t list them all so do your research, read reviews and find the best fit for your skin!