Something I’ve changed up recently is my water intake! I’ve always been THE WORST when it comes to drinking water throughout the day. The only time I can remember drinking enough was at cheer camp because we were forced and it was HOT working in the sun all day.
The recommended amount depends on your weight, take your weight divided by 2 and that’s how many ounces you need to be drinking in a day. I account for my workouts and increase my water intake during vigorous workouts.
I know a lot of people say you’re “supposed” to drink a gallon a day regardless, but a lot of your water actually comes from your food. I promise your body will get used to it and you won’t be running to the bathroom every 5 seconds after a week.
The results I’ve seen just from one small simple change has made a huge impact on my energy, my skin, and strangely enough I feel like I definitely look leaner than I did before. Maybe not carrying as much water weight? Whatever the reason I’m not complaining one bit. I remember the first week I started this change I had text one of my gym friends that I felt like I could run a marathon after an 8 hour work day. I never thought I would be the person who could wake up at 5 AM and get to the gym before work but now I can sometimes make it. Lol. Better than never right?
Okay we’re a little bit late on this one, but better late than never AMIRIGHT?? I think I am. June has been crazy and I cannot believe it’s almost the 4th of July! I’ve been waiting for fireworks & BBQs for SO LONG! I’ve been using my youtube app a lot lately watching make-up tutorials, one I am loving is Desi Perkins. She is a glow & brow queen, everything she makes really is so awesome. Definitely check her out. Also her make-up room is to DIE for, if there was one thing in life I could have THIS WOULD BE IT!!
- I’ve NEVER been a fan of blush before, until I found this color from Tarte. I always end up looking too flushed and red. This blush is different, it’s subtle and the perfect color for my pale pale complexion.
- My new favorite lipgloss in the color creme brûlée & its $3.69 at Target.
- I’m SO excited to share this Protein Water. YES!! Protein water. I absolutely hate protein shakes, but these… these are AMAZING. 60 calories. 0 sugar. 15g protein. Depending on the flavor the protein is 10-15 grams. I got the variety pack with 15g.
- I ordered this jumpsuit for my trip to Seattle. Since I’ve been home I’ve worn it multiple times & I try to wear it every chance I get. It’s seriously comfy and can be dressed up or down.
- I’ve been looking for a pair of platform sandals for a minute and found these black Steven Madden ones. Also considering these ones with a white sole.
- Brought home this pair of Nike’s from the 5 floors of bliss Nordstrom store in Washington.
- HAIR ACCESSORIES… Anyone else been loving this trend?? Found this cute Bandana pony scarf. Maybe I’ll make a full post with all the fun things I’ve found recently, we’ll see.
- Nothing says summer like an eyelet blouse.
- Summer also means a lot of weddings to attend. I love this pocketed fringe dress.
- This Tommy Tee is so cute, it could even work for the 4th of July that isn’t so 4th of July.
- Gingham and tie front, this shirt is a winner.
- Might need one more swimsuit to get thru the summer, this striped lace-up front one piece will do.
Love all the cute clothes on vicicollection.com. They always have a 20% discount going on & you can find the code on their Instagram but really they already have great prices!
Going through a home decor obsessed phase so I’ve been spending a fair amount of time on crateandbarrel.com.
I read 2 books by Shari Lapena and both were SO GOOD. I’ve been into mystery thrillers lately and I couldn’t put either one of these down. I read A Stranger in The House and The Couple Next Door.
Being a student money is tight and you don’t have a ton of time, so I’ve compiled this list to help with both of these things. The 2 websites I use for student discounts are UNiDAYS and Student Beans. They always have new deals and discounts going on & its so nice to have them all in one place. Be sure to set up an account if you don’t have one already so you can get the codes, all you have to do is have an institution email & confirm the link they send to you. I’ve linked my favorite discounts below!
- 20% discount off Hunter Original.
- Apple music for 1/2 off! I use this every month. They also have up to $300 off a Mac or $20 off an iPad Pro.
- 30% off adidas (this one is so good it’s only for a limited time!)
- PINK – Victoria’s Secret 15% off.
- 10% off Finish Line, they have the BEST shoes.
- MAC Cosmetics, no I’m not joking.
- Urban Outfitters! My favorite, 10% off.
- 20% off Joe’s Jeans & 15% off Levi’s.
- $100 in delivery credit for Postmates. When I travel anywhere I ALWAYS use postmates and let me just tell you it’s changed my life. Pancakes delivered at 12 pm along with Cake. Cookies brought to your hotel room. I LOVE it.
- 10% off at PacSun & Forever 21.
- Gym Shark, I just found this one out & I’m so excited to use it!
- 1-800-Flowers 15% off! For you mom or guy.. when you want to make your girls day, I got you.
- 10% off ASOS which is already cheap & has deals allll the time.
- 20% off at American Eagle, their the dye t-shirts are so soft & cute!
- Show Me Your Mumu, I would buy everything if I could.
- $15 off your first Uber Ride.
- $15% off every box at HelloFresh!!
They even have discounts for things like hotels & travel, tech gear, and software.
Did you know after being diagnosed with breast cancer one of the first things they tell you is to stop using regular deodorant? Although the research connecting the two is inconclusive they are still asked to stop using deodorants with aluminum because of the way it can react with radiation. Many people also believe after shaving if you cut yourself it’s easier for your body to absorb toxic ingredients in your deodorants.
After finding this out switching to an all-natural deodorant was a no brainer because I was already leaning that way anyways. Not only do you feel better knowing exactly what’s in it, it seems to work a lot better for me. I’ve tried every kind and brand of deodorant including clinical strength options. Below are a few natural deodorants I’ve used/had recommended to me.
- Schmidt’s Naturals – I’ve been using the cedar + juniper, but I think next time I will order the rose + vanilla or the ylang-ylang + calendula. If you have sensitive skin they also have a fragrance-free version!
- Kopari Beauty Coconut Deodorant – I’ve heard amazing things about this aluminum-free deodorant and it has an auto-ship option which is great for me because I always forget until I’m completely out. I’m going to try the ship every 2 months option and see how I like it. Also love that its coconut, for some reason I’ve found coconut seems to work best for me at lasting all day, is that a real thing? or in my head? Lol.
- Lavanila Deodorant – Aluminum-free and Kourtney Kardashian approved.
- Malin+Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant – Recently tested out a few other products from them & I’m betting this one is just as good.
- Native Deodorant – 4.69 out of 5 stars with 6,332 reviews. I’d say this one is definitely worth me testing. Also comes in yummy flavors. (Coconut & Vanilla, Rose & Lavender, and Gardenia & Orchid).
It seems quite silly that I’m so excited about deodorant, but seriously I can’t wait to try all of them and see how they compare. I already have 8 sticks in my bathroom drawer. I’ll keep you updated on which ones I’m loving.
When I first started this series of monthly updates, I didn’t know it would end up being one of my favorite things to write. I love being able to share and talk about all the things I’ve been using from apps to websites and products and music. It also gives me an excuse to try tons of new things. Last month I recommended the Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversation and I’ve still been listening to it this month. I listen in the mornings and it really helps me start my day with a positive attitude and a humble heart. Cannot recommend it enough. Plus its Oprah, who doesn’t love her??
- Kourt App from Kourtney Kardashian. (You probably hate the Kardashians but their beauty and health knowledge is unmatched).
- My Water App. (It reminds you to drink water throughout the day, you input your information and it tells you how much water you should be drinking but I actually upped mine to be 80 oz a day).
On my playlist :
Earned It – Bootstaps (A nostalgic version of the 50 Shades of Grey hit).
Delicate – Taylor Swift (Not sure how it’s taken me this long to find this song but the album is soo good).
Electric Love – BORNS
Whole Lot in Love – Austin Burke
Also been listening to a whoooleeee lot of JT since his concert.
Say Something – JT
Supplies – JT
Summer Love – JT
Things I’m Loving :
- My new favorite exfoliating face wash. It helps me control my oil and makes my skin super soft!!
- This facial spray with aloe, herb and rosewater is a great mid-day refresher. I also use it in my hair on day 2 and 3 when it needs a little extra love. I bought it s month ago and it’s already half gone.
- I caved and bought Anastasia Beverly Hills new Amrezy Highlighter. I swatched it on my hand in the store and fell in love instantly. It actually looks wet and dewy.
- I have been looking for the perfect white ruffle sleeve top and I think I have found it.
- Loving cropped skinny jeans right now & I’m stocking up for summer. These Vervet Destroyed skinny jeans are in my cart and ready for checkout. These Distressed Hem skinny jeans are out of stock in my size, but I’ll be back for them.
- Just bought this mini black denim skirt. I paired mine with a cream sweater and a gold belt and got so many compliments. Would also look adorable with this button up.
- I’ve been doing a ton of health and wellness research because I’ve been sick a lot this winter. I found these wellness shots at target and found them online as well. They’re blue green algae wellness shots, blue green algae is a superfood packed with proteins, vitamins and nutrients.
- White PEACHY Tee. Only $23 and it looks so soft and comfy, I need it.
- Newport front tie top that I’m on the email list for because its out of stock in my size, but I am 100% buying this for Seattle.
- Been needing a new pair of athletic shoes and I found these alpha bounce adidas also love these adidas Originals Deerupt Sneakers.
- I’ve been redoing my closet (which i will make a separate post about) but one thing I bought is this red Levi’s Tee.
- I posted about this lip mask last month because I had just got it but my updates is… it’s amazing. As good as everyone’s been saying. After having it on I can’t stop rubbing my lips together because of how soft they are.
Favorite Shops to Spend time on :
World Market – I love to go into this store as well they have the best furniture and I got the best smelling body scrub from Huntington Soap Co.
LA Hearts Swimwear – I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for swimsuits for summer body inspiration.
Thrillest – Has the best travel guides, I have been using it to look up yummy places for my upcoming trip with my sister to Seattle.
ASOS – Again been redoing my closet and some of it has been from this shop! They have EVERYTHING.
One of my favorite things to do is set new goals. Write them down, track them as you progress, and finally CHECK THEM OFF! Here’s a few things I’ve learned along the way of my goal setting.
- Write it down and keep it somewhere you can see it on a regular basis to remind yourself what you are working for. I also like to write why this is my goal. For example right now I am doing a sugar cleanse. I wrote my goal of how long I’m going without sugar, specifics on what I can/can’t eat, and finally my reason being that it makes me feel yucky, tired, sluggish & it makes workouts harder.
- Be realistic with yourself. Instead of setting a goal to lose 20 lbs, break it down and lose 5 lbs at a time. You may find that you don’t actually need to lose 20 lbs just 15.
- SET A TIME FRAME! If you just say I want to save money for a puppy or whatever it is, the likelihood of it happening at least for me is slim. I have to say I will save $1,000 for a puppy by such and such date, I will save $100 a paycheck to get there.
- Don’t set too many. YES, I did just say that. If you set too many you lose focus and its better to zone in on a few and check those off and then set new ones. If you’re trying to do it all, everything gets half done and you’ll never get anywhere.
- Set long term & short term goals. I.e long term you want to help people, your short term goal would be to volunteer 2 hours a week for 8 weeks.
- Don’t be afraid to tell other people no. Something I struggle with is when I’m trying to resist something and someone says I’m dumb or I don’t need to lose this or do that and tries to offer it to me, I start to reason with myself. Just say no, don’t negotiate and justify. You’re doing this for you, not for them. Automatically know your answer is going to be no and pull out your reasons why.
Now go set some goals!!
FOR THE BEAUTY GURU:
For the beauty lovin’ lady in your life. Surprise her with something as beautiful as she is.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Romance Eyeshadow Palette
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Every single girl needs this.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Sugar Glow Kit
- Boscia Luminizing Pink Charcoal Mask
- Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops
- Jaclyn Hill X Morphe Eyeshadow Palette
- Clarisonic Mia 2 Holiday Set
- Mac Cosmetics Lipstick – Blankety is a color that looks good on literally everyone so there’s no need to worry if it will work or not or if she will like it. Everyone I have mentioned it to has tried it, loved it, and bought one of their own.
- Sigma Brush Cleaning Mat – I got this as a gift last year and I have used it so many times!!
- Mac Cosmetics Turquatic Perfume Set – This perfume is regularly $57 on its own so you get the rollerball basically free. I’m obsessed with this scent because it’s edgy and sweet, it is literally the only perfume I will use.
- Lush Cosmetics Deck The Halls Bath Bomb Gift Set
- Colourpop Cosmetics Sitting Pretty Set – They have so many amazing gift set options. Their stuff is extremely cheap normally, but in these sets it’s a serious steal!
FOR THE FASHIONISTA:
The girl dressed to the nines for any occasion. Shock her with a gift she will actually use.
- FREEBIRD Joey Booties I fell in love with these the moment I saw them in the store.
- Plaid Cardigan Sweater Just bought this in a size L because I loved how long it was.
- KanCan Mid-Rise Skinny Stretch Jeans Tried them on and made my mom buy them for me for my Birthday! So excited to get my hands on these babies.
- Metro Reflective Beanie I love how slim this hat fits, so sleek and cute.
- Automatic Leather Booties
Flying Monkey Mid-Rise Skinny Stretch Jean My favorite pair of black jeans.
- Weslan Tie Front Top
- Wendall Wide Leg Pant I need this comfy set.
- Infinity Black Belt Buying this for myself.
- Frankie Fur Coat Can’t get enough of this color & this coat.
- Sweater with Volume Sleeves
- Steve Madden Gabbie Thigh High Boots Super similar to the ones I wear all the time.
- Tie Cuff Bardot Sweater
- City Winds Fur Trim Puffer Coat This length keeps you so warm.
- Tularose Ruffle Cold Sleeve Sweater
- Rhinestone Choker Necklace Perfect for a glitzy girl. Getting this for my 21st birthday.
FOR THE FITNESS FANATIC:
For the lil mama who likes to get fit. Show her you appreciate the hard work she puts in.
- Adidas Full-Zip Hoodie – This cute hoodie is on my list this year too!
- No Show Socks – I can’t live without these babies.
- Lululemon Reveal 7/8 Tight – Lululemon is the best legging company ever. I don’t care that it’s expensive these pants make your booty look amazing and they’re so comfy. I usually buy the Align II pant because they’re “like naked” pants, but these pants are so adorable and they’re the 7/8 length that I love
- Nike Roshe Two Sneaker – I have a few pairs of Roshe’s and I love them!
- Invisibobble Hair Tye – Doesn’t leave a crimp or damage hair!
- Free People Run Hoodie
- Reebok Training Hayasu Sneakers – Also on my list.
- Metallic Zip-Up
- S’well Water Bottle
- Active Open Should Top
- Adidas 24/7 Sneaker – Really you can’t go wrong with any adidas shoe. NMD’s, Tubulars they’re all so cute.
- Lululemon Everywhere Duffel
- Xtend BCAA’s – Strawberry Kiwi is my favorite flavor by far, but they have tons of yummy flavors.
- Blender Bottle
- Responsible Down Vest
- Beats X Wireless Earbuds by Dr. Dre
Something for everyone on your list. A special guy, your dad, brother or friend! Remind him we couldn’t live without them.
- Apple AirPods
- Calvin Klein Boxers Fun tip : I always buy them from Nordstrom Rack because they’re way cheaper than anywhere else. Ain’t gotta be rich to be a playa.
- Adidas NMD C2 These may be in the men’s section but they’re on my list too.
- Beard Wrangler Mini Crate I LOVE this website. First of all, the gifts come inside a crate that the men would them have to break open to get their gift. (how fun!!) Also they have tons of different options for the guy in your life. My lash ladies at Lash Effect told me about this! (They also do gift cards inside of a cement block).
- Chrono Black Link MVMT Watch Tons of cute options if you don’t love this one & they’re really decently priced watches.
- Lightweight Down Puffer Jacket Comes in black and is on sale NOW!
- Montblanc Cologne One of my favorites.
- LVFT Assassin Hoodie Seriously mad I have no one to buy this for, I’m obsessed!
- Lululemon Pace Breaker Short I’ve had so many guys tell me how much they love these shorts.
- Alpha Fit Men’s Clarisonic Easy enough even a guy can do it.
- Holiday Alpine Jogger Pajamas
- Harry’s Winston Set Every guy I know loves Harry’s after they try it and never go back to dollar shave club.
- Dazi Fall Escape Tie Best size tie in my opinion.
- Mickey Mouse Tee
- Adidas Originals Classic Camp Backpack Love the size of this one.
- Adidas NMD R1 I would already have these shoes if I could find them in my size.
- Cleveland Cavaliers Hoodie
- Pro45 Blender Bottle
Hopefully this helps give you some ideas for your Christmas shopping!