You all know I’m a big fan of things you can do at home (dying your hair, dermaplaning). Really anything that saves you from having to go out into the world and spend a ton of money is a win in my book. Lately I’ve noticed a few of my Alex and Ani bracelets are looking really dirty so this is how I cleaned them!
Blue Dawn Dish Soap
A SOFT bristle toothbrush
I started by letting them soak in a soapy water solution for about 5 minutes. Next I putting a little dollop of soap on the soft toothbrush and scrubbed them down. After I patted them dry with a clean towel and laid them out to let them dry.
The bracelets aren’t supposed to be cleaned with jewelry cleaner because it has harsh chemicals that can ruin them. Their website says to use a polishing cloth, but I didn’t think this would work for mine because they were getting black marks.
Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer is my ride or die (wow that’s a mouthful). The formula is perfect because it’s very lightweight. It gives you a good amount of coverage but it’s not thick so it never creases! It lasts all day long and blends in easily. The concealer comes in a tube with an easy application wand. I apply it in upside down triangles under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on my forehead and chin. This gives you the most natural look instead of only doing your dark circles. I blend it out with the beauty blender and set it will a banana powder. I use the fair neutral color because I’m usually very pale, but I also have the light color and the formula is consistent between colors. If you love MAC’s Pro Longwear concealer you’ll love this one!
I unintentionally found this hack while using a lip exfoliator from E.L.F. I originally bought it to help my lipstick go on smoother. I use it 3-4 times a week and have noticed a HUGE difference in the size and plumpness of my lips. This exfoliator is THREE dollars. It keeps your lips looking and feeling so soft. It’s not too messy because it comes in lipstick form and really scrubs off the dead skin. I purchased mine from Target, but it is also available at Ulta and it has a 4.5 star rating! I use the clear one because it has big exfoliating sugar grains. For the price I think it’s good. It’s not going to plump your lips up like $800 lip injections would, but I love this and will continue to use it. The exfoliator is also cruelty-free which gives you even more reason to try it out!
Awhile ago I posted that I was looking for the perfect nude lipstick that was super light and didn’t cast weird hues and I finally found it! I tried ABH Liquid Lipstick and not only did I fall in love with the color, but also the formula. This lipstick is SOOO crazy long lasting. I wore it out on girls night to The Cheesecake Factory and it lasted through an appetizer, entree (which was a burger might I add) and even looked perfect after dessert. It’s say smudge-proof but really no matter how had you tried you couldn’t mess it up. Matte liquid lipsticks are supposed to be a dry formula, but it wasn’t drying if that makes sense. I’ve tried a few lipsticks that actually make my lips feel constricted because they’re so drying and then they start to crack. This wasn’t like that AT ALL! It feels so smooth and nice. After trying it I logged onto Ulta to see all the colors they have (which are all so pretty) and there was so many good reviews. The color I used is called Milkshake, but I will definably be purchasing more!
This post is all about the easy everyday products you use that can be swapped for a healthier option without any sacrifices on taste!
- Swap regular milk for Almond Milk. I love the vanilla flavor and they make sweetened or unsweetened depending on how daring you are! I use it in my pancakes, cereal, and mix it in with my eggs.
- Protein Pancake Mix. Kodiak cakes are delicious and good for you! (and they’re local to Utah, woot woot represent!) We use it in my house to make waffles, pancakes, and even lightly bread our chicken (to die for!!). There are tons of other recipes on their website that you can find for things like biscuits, muffins, and even pizza!
- Greek yogurt is so yummy (not just with fresh fruit). It can be used to substitute for mayo in dips like ranch!
- Swap out white rice for brown rice, or if you’re feeling like trying something a little out of your comfort level quinoa. Both are a yummy healthier alternative.
- Natural peanut butter. It’s a split second decision in the grocery store, but the taste is no different!
- This swap tastes different, but is still yummy and makes you feel better when eating something not so good. Lettuce for hamburger buns! Don’t miss out on the yummy summer BBQ goods. There are ways to get the best of both worlds!
- Coconut oil has so many uses and one of those is in cooking! It’s a good swap out for fatty foods like olive oil.
- Frozen yogurt is one of my favorite treats. Ice cream is high in fat, sugar, and calories. Frozen yogurt is light and doesn’t leave you feeling guilty. (Yasso bars are my fav).
- Pasta is everyones favorite and you can still eat it while being healthy. Wheat pasta is a good option that doesn’t change the texture at all. Zoodles are another option (zucchini noodles).
- If you haven’t already trade in that white bread for whole wheat!
Whenever I feel like grabbing a crappy snacking food I think about what kind of nutritional value it has. Is it going to leave me feeling empty and hungry again in an hour. Instead of a bag of chips grab some veggies. Eating right is a lifestyle change and it can seem overwhelming with information but you just have to take it one step at a time. You got this!
When I first heard about this product I was surprised (in a very good way)! I love my Clarisonic but I never thought of them coming out with such an innovative product like this. If you don’t know what it is, Clarisonic is typically an electric face washing brush. It has interchangeable heads to do different things, but this make-up brush attachment is a game changer. Make-up by Mario helped launch this product so I knew it had to be good. I told my sister and she bought it and raved about it. I was thinking “I’m sure it’s super cool but is it really necessary? Probably not.” She ended up buying one for me because she wanted someone else could experience the joy this product brought. I genuinely thought she was being a weirdo. Well, she wasn’t. I don’t even know how to explain how amazing the sonic foundation brush is. I was shocked and confused as to how it works so beautifully until I researched. The brush uses a patented oscillation technology which allows it to generate 18,000 micro-blends per minute. It blends ANYTHING into your face flawlessly (concealer, foundation, color corrector). Using it required no effort or man power! You turn it on and let it work its magic while you just lightly move it around your face. The sonic head was mind blowingly quick, their claim is 60 seconds or less (its no joke). In reality this brush can replace so many others that you would usually use while applying make-up. I really cannot say enough good things about it, but I will say one more. It’s inexpensive for such a high quality product and I will definitely be buying more of them. MUAH MUAH MUAH from me.