Being a student money is tight and you don’t have a ton of time, so I’ve compiled this list to help with both of these things. The 2 websites I use for student discounts are UNiDAYS and Student Beans. They always have new deals and discounts going on & its so nice to have them all in one place. Be sure to set up an account if you don’t have one already so you can get the codes, all you have to do is have an institution email & confirm the link they send to you. I’ve linked my favorite discounts below!
- 20% discount off Hunter Original.
- Apple music for 1/2 off! I use this every month. They also have up to $300 off a Mac or $20 off an iPad Pro.
- 30% off adidas (this one is so good it’s only for a limited time!)
- PINK – Victoria’s Secret 15% off.
- 10% off Finish Line, they have the BEST shoes.
- MAC Cosmetics, no I’m not joking.
- Urban Outfitters! My favorite, 10% off.
- 20% off Joe’s Jeans & 15% off Levi’s.
- $100 in delivery credit for Postmates. When I travel anywhere I ALWAYS use postmates and let me just tell you it’s changed my life. Pancakes delivered at 12 pm along with Cake. Cookies brought to your hotel room. I LOVE it.
- 10% off at PacSun & Forever 21.
- Gym Shark, I just found this one out & I’m so excited to use it!
- 1-800-Flowers 15% off! For you mom or guy.. when you want to make your girls day, I got you.
- 10% off ASOS which is already cheap & has deals allll the time.
- 20% off at American Eagle, their the dye t-shirts are so soft & cute!
- Show Me Your Mumu, I would buy everything if I could.
- $15 off your first Uber Ride.
- $15% off every box at HelloFresh!!
They even have discounts for things like hotels & travel, tech gear, and software.
Did you know after being diagnosed with breast cancer one of the first things they tell you is to stop using regular deodorant? Although the research connecting the two is inconclusive they are still asked to stop using deodorants with aluminum because of the way it can react with radiation. Many people also believe after shaving if you cut yourself it’s easier for your body to absorb toxic ingredients in your deodorants.
After finding this out switching to an all-natural deodorant was a no brainer because I was already leaning that way anyways. Not only do you feel better knowing exactly what’s in it, it seems to work a lot better for me. I’ve tried every kind and brand of deodorant including clinical strength options. Below are a few natural deodorants I’ve used/had recommended to me.
- Schmidt’s Naturals – I’ve been using the cedar + juniper, but I think next time I will order the rose + vanilla or the ylang-ylang + calendula. If you have sensitive skin they also have a fragrance-free version!
- Kopari Beauty Coconut Deodorant – I’ve heard amazing things about this aluminum-free deodorant and it has an auto-ship option which is great for me because I always forget until I’m completely out. I’m going to try the ship every 2 months option and see how I like it. Also love that its coconut, for some reason I’ve found coconut seems to work best for me at lasting all day, is that a real thing? or in my head? Lol.
- Lavanila Deodorant – Aluminum-free and Kourtney Kardashian approved.
- Malin+Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant – Recently tested out a few other products from them & I’m betting this one is just as good.
- Native Deodorant – 4.69 out of 5 stars with 6,332 reviews. I’d say this one is definitely worth me testing. Also comes in yummy flavors. (Coconut & Vanilla, Rose & Lavender, and Gardenia & Orchid).
It seems quite silly that I’m so excited about deodorant, but seriously I can’t wait to try all of them and see how they compare. I already have 8 sticks in my bathroom drawer. I’ll keep you updated on which ones I’m loving.
When I first started this series of monthly updates, I didn’t know it would end up being one of my favorite things to write. I love being able to share and talk about all the things I’ve been using from apps to websites and products and music. It also gives me an excuse to try tons of new things. Last month I recommended the Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversation and I’ve still been listening to it this month. I listen in the mornings and it really helps me start my day with a positive attitude and a humble heart. Cannot recommend it enough. Plus its Oprah, who doesn’t love her??
- Kourt App from Kourtney Kardashian. (You probably hate the Kardashians but their beauty and health knowledge is unmatched).
- My Water App. (It reminds you to drink water throughout the day, you input your information and it tells you how much water you should be drinking but I actually upped mine to be 80 oz a day).
On my playlist :
Earned It – Bootstaps (A nostalgic version of the 50 Shades of Grey hit).
Delicate – Taylor Swift (Not sure how it’s taken me this long to find this song but the album is soo good).
Electric Love – BORNS
Whole Lot in Love – Austin Burke
Also been listening to a whoooleeee lot of JT since his concert.
Say Something – JT
Supplies – JT
Summer Love – JT
Things I’m Loving :
- My new favorite exfoliating face wash. It helps me control my oil and makes my skin super soft!!
- This facial spray with aloe, herb and rosewater is a great mid-day refresher. I also use it in my hair on day 2 and 3 when it needs a little extra love. I bought it s month ago and it’s already half gone.
- I caved and bought Anastasia Beverly Hills new Amrezy Highlighter. I swatched it on my hand in the store and fell in love instantly. It actually looks wet and dewy.
- I have been looking for the perfect white ruffle sleeve top and I think I have found it.
- Loving cropped skinny jeans right now & I’m stocking up for summer. These Vervet Destroyed skinny jeans are in my cart and ready for checkout. These Distressed Hem skinny jeans are out of stock in my size, but I’ll be back for them.
- Just bought this mini black denim skirt. I paired mine with a cream sweater and a gold belt and got so many compliments. Would also look adorable with this button up.
- I’ve been doing a ton of health and wellness research because I’ve been sick a lot this winter. I found these wellness shots at target and found them online as well. They’re blue green algae wellness shots, blue green algae is a superfood packed with proteins, vitamins and nutrients.
- White PEACHY Tee. Only $23 and it looks so soft and comfy, I need it.
- Newport front tie top that I’m on the email list for because its out of stock in my size, but I am 100% buying this for Seattle.
- Been needing a new pair of athletic shoes and I found these alpha bounce adidas also love these adidas Originals Deerupt Sneakers.
- I’ve been redoing my closet (which i will make a separate post about) but one thing I bought is this red Levi’s Tee.
- I posted about this lip mask last month because I had just got it but my updates is… it’s amazing. As good as everyone’s been saying. After having it on I can’t stop rubbing my lips together because of how soft they are.
Favorite Shops to Spend time on :
World Market – I love to go into this store as well they have the best furniture and I got the best smelling body scrub from Huntington Soap Co.
LA Hearts Swimwear – I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for swimsuits for summer body inspiration.
Thrillest – Has the best travel guides, I have been using it to look up yummy places for my upcoming trip with my sister to Seattle.
ASOS – Again been redoing my closet and some of it has been from this shop! They have EVERYTHING.
International Women’s Day is one to be celebrated by both males and females. No one would be here without the strong women of today’s day.
The personal chefs. The midnight school project wizards. Boardroom slayers. Children raisers. Advice givers. We couldn’t do anything without them. Sisters. Mothers. Friends. Grandmothers. Daughters. Cousins. Co-Workers.
Women are resilient and it’s time we started acting like it. Women are always hushed and never taken seriously, but little do they know the world as we know it would cease to exist without us. Be proud of that. Be proud of your accomplishments and who you are. We’re always telling everyone it’s fine, it’s no big deal but why do we diminish our accomplishments? Why do we make ourselves seem small? Why are we allowing ourselves to be silenced by the voice of a man? (No that doesn’t mean we should be man haters).
I remember a specific night me and my boyfriend at the time (now ex) went car shopping. For ME. All the car sales men directly went to him to talk to him about what car IIIIIII wanted.
Similar things have happened to my sister, an entrepreneur and business owner. In business meetings everyone turns to her male business partners ignoring their knowledge that she is the owner. It happens to women all over.
Now more than ever it is important to show everyone that we mean business. We have to do it for the future generations. We are more powerful than even we know. Who else can take care of a household, excel in their career, manage the upbringing of children, and serving others in their community and make it look easy? Giving so much is our super power but we have to remember where it starts and that is with us. You CANNOT pour from an empty cup. Before you can say I love you, you have to be able to say I.
The world is in our hands and I wish so badly that each and every girl knew their capabilities and tapped into their potential. We all have ideas and talents we haven’t even discovered that are just begging to be let out. We are not competitors rather a support system linked by something so much bigger than ourselves. Yet we still bring each other down? I think in order to bring about our full potential we need to start acting like we’re on the same team. Every single girl on this earth is different and beautiful in their own way. We set the standard for everything. We need to do better. Do you even know how powerful you are? Try it. Support other women. Encourage. Watch what happens. Reach out to just one woman a day for the next week. It’s amazing the good you can put into the world.
Here’s to strong women.
May we know them.
May we be them.
May we raise them.
YOU ARE SPECIAL. YOU ARE ONE IN A MILLION. YOU ARE A BADASS WOMAN.
I wanted to make a post about “The Advice Book” I made for my little sister for Christmas. It’s such a sweet & sentimental gift to give to someone you care about. I’m actually not that crafty when it comes to making presents like this, but this one was actually pretty easy. I bought a blank journal from Target and got to work. My opening page (which I cried writing) is pictured below to help give you an idea. I wrote lessons I have learned along the way about boys, self-confidence, money, friends and threw in some quotes that have stuck with me over the years.
Here are a few examples :
“Be content with the process & where you are. You may not be where you want to be one day, but you will get there. Don’t waste today wishing it was tomorrow because the time will pass you by.”
“When your heart hurts :
– Eat Ice Cream
– Go for a Drive
– Listen to Sad Songs
– Listen to Happy Songs
– Take a Bubble Bath
– Buy a new Outfit
– Play with a Puppy
– Take a Trip
– Have a Dance Party
– Watch Me before You to remind you that your life isn’t THAT bad.
– Buy yourself flowers
– Spend time at the Gym
– Kiss a cute boy
– Cry with a friend”
“If it won’t matter to you in 1 year, let it go.”
“LOVE is not a reason to tolerate DISRESPECT.”
“Happiness is just a way of looking at life.”
“Growing up is a lot different than you think it is going to be. Don’t set unrealistically high expectations. Take things for what they are and just go with the flow. Life is so good & worth all the hard times you will go through.”
“You’re NOT a snack if everybody has a bite…. you’re a FREE sample!”
“Negativity in all forms will kill your happiness before anything else. Get rid of negative people & negative thoughts.”
“Credit cards will get you in trouble. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.”
“People can’t read your mind, you have to learn how to communicate your feelings in a nice way. AND it will be different with every boy you date or every family member/friend you have.”
“Assumptions make an (ASS) out of yo(U) & (ME). *if you’re confused it spells assume.”
– Push away the people who care about you.
– Stop learning
– Rely on others for your own happiness
– Do anything that doesn’t make you happy
– Beg for anyone’s attention
– Stop until you’re proud”
I’ve been getting my eyelashes done for over a year and a half now. I’ve been to a few different places and a lot of different lash girls. When I first started getting my lashes done I went to a specific girl constantly, but she got pregnant and had a baby so I had to find a new one. Let me tell you the process of finding a new good lash girl was not easy. I asked around and I went to at least 5 different lash artists before I found another that I really loved. My lashes were falling out like crazy, the artist wasn’t doing what I was asking for, and I barely had any left between my 2 week fills and let me tell you if you can’t go at least 2 weeks, you need to find a new lash girl. Now I can go a month and they still look great, given I don’t want to go a month but if I needed to I could. I would try to go twice to everyone to get a good feel on if they’re going to work for you and what you’re wanting or not, but if you know right away don’t waste your time or money. If you’re having clumps of lashes come out or the extensions themselves are just constantly falling off, your lash girl isn’t doing something right. Everyone goes through shedding phases or even when you’re not going through a shedding phase I would say most (not all but a good amount) of your lashes that do fall out (unless you’re picking them off or yank one accidentally) should have a natural lash connected to them. Check the lash artists Instagram page (most have them). Ask questions. Be sure to find someone who is LICENSED. Price doesn’t always ensure quality. It really goes both ways on that one. The girl I am seeing now is cheaper than some of the others I have seen and she is way better!
The lashes I get are Classic, they are cheaper than the Volume lashes (actually kind of a win) but I love the Classic because the lash itself is so thick and dark. I love a drama drama looking lash and not a super curly lash. I typically get a C curl with mixed lengths to create volume and a thick bold looking lash, but I have long and plentiful natural lashes so this works for me, but I would talk to your lash artist because she knows what will work for your lashes and what won’t. If you don’t have a lot of lashes volume might be a good option for you. Also, I know some people say that extensions damage your natural lashes, but that is actually a myth. As long as you have a trained lash artist who truly knows what she is doing your natural lashes will still be beautiful if you ever decide to stop getting them done. WARNING : after you have them you will not want to go back to just natural lashes because you will feel naked!
Getting my lashes done has increased my quality of life a lot. As silly as that sounds its totally true! (Hahaha) It only saves me a few minutes in the morning which is neither here nor there for me and maybe thats the thing that seals the deal for you, but I love the fact that they’re always done. Swimming? Great lashes. Just woke up? Great lashes. And most importantly they’re not uncomfortable! I was super worried that they would irritate me, however, you get used to them and after a day or so cannot even feel them. I used to use a strip lash and even thinking about having that thick band glued to my eyelid literally gives me the heebie jeebies. I HATE STRIP LASHES! They poke you and jab you and feel sticky. You can’t cry with them or swim. Half the time they fall off even without doing those things.
Finally I have some tips to help you get the most out of your lashes!
- Don’t get them wet for 24 hours after you have them done. (This allows the glue to set).
- No rubbing! With your hands, a towel, ect.
- NEVER wear mascara on them, especially waterproof.
- Don’t wear oil-based products near your face (including lotions).
- Groom them daily, but gently. (I use the brush my lash artist provides and a clean lip gloss wand along with diluted baby shampoo foam).
- Get them filled regularly. 2-3 weeks.
If you’ve been thinking about it, I highly recommend doing it but just understand that it is an investment and it can be expensive. Don’t get them if you aren’t ready to pay $50-60 every few weeks for a fill.