I constantly feel like I’m sick of everything in my closet and so I finally decided to clean it all out and start fresh. Taking it back to basics and getting a good base for a well-rounded closet was the plan. Now I can add in items for each season and trends as they change. I tried to keep things pretty neutral with non-basic basic tees, graphic tees, tanks, and a few good button ups. Below is some of those items I’ve picked for my closet & cute things to add to your closet!
- Basic Tee’s. I got this 2-pack of black and white tees from ASOS for only $16! Also love this Hanes x Karla crew neck tee & this Black Tee with a split neck.
- A good striped tee is a staple in my closet. Here is one similar to the one that I have.
- Chambray-style front tie denim top – can you say backyard BBQ uniform?
- This ruffle sleeve twisted hem top is everything & comes in multiple colors.
- Cutest free people tank is a have-to-have for me because I can wear it to workout or casually because summer is SO CLOSE here! Here is a similar one because it is out of stock in my size.
- Been dying over this Levi’s Red Tee, just got shipping confirmation for it & can’t wait!
- This peasant top gives me summer/beachy feels & makes me want to take a vacation to Hawaii just so I can buy it.
- Vertical striped front tie button up. All of my favorites in one.
- Another ruffle sleeved top, this one is embroidered & is sitting in my cart right now.
- Twist detail tee, I am loving the Teal Surf color & it comes in 3 other colors.
I have some questions for you on this one!
What are some of your favorite places to shop for tops?
Fav places for shoes?
Fav places for jeans?
Send me a message and let me know!
When I first started this series of monthly updates, I didn’t know it would end up being one of my favorite things to write. I love being able to share and talk about all the things I’ve been using from apps to websites and products and music. It also gives me an excuse to try tons of new things. Last month I recommended the Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversation and I’ve still been listening to it this month. I listen in the mornings and it really helps me start my day with a positive attitude and a humble heart. Cannot recommend it enough. Plus its Oprah, who doesn’t love her??
- Kourt App from Kourtney Kardashian. (You probably hate the Kardashians but their beauty and health knowledge is unmatched).
- My Water App. (It reminds you to drink water throughout the day, you input your information and it tells you how much water you should be drinking but I actually upped mine to be 80 oz a day).
On my playlist :
Earned It – Bootstaps (A nostalgic version of the 50 Shades of Grey hit).
Delicate – Taylor Swift (Not sure how it’s taken me this long to find this song but the album is soo good).
Electric Love – BORNS
Whole Lot in Love – Austin Burke
Also been listening to a whoooleeee lot of JT since his concert.
Say Something – JT
Supplies – JT
Summer Love – JT
Things I’m Loving :
- My new favorite exfoliating face wash. It helps me control my oil and makes my skin super soft!!
- This facial spray with aloe, herb and rosewater is a great mid-day refresher. I also use it in my hair on day 2 and 3 when it needs a little extra love. I bought it s month ago and it’s already half gone.
- I caved and bought Anastasia Beverly Hills new Amrezy Highlighter. I swatched it on my hand in the store and fell in love instantly. It actually looks wet and dewy.
- I have been looking for the perfect white ruffle sleeve top and I think I have found it.
- Loving cropped skinny jeans right now & I’m stocking up for summer. These Vervet Destroyed skinny jeans are in my cart and ready for checkout. These Distressed Hem skinny jeans are out of stock in my size, but I’ll be back for them.
- Just bought this mini black denim skirt. I paired mine with a cream sweater and a gold belt and got so many compliments. Would also look adorable with this button up.
- I’ve been doing a ton of health and wellness research because I’ve been sick a lot this winter. I found these wellness shots at target and found them online as well. They’re blue green algae wellness shots, blue green algae is a superfood packed with proteins, vitamins and nutrients.
- White PEACHY Tee. Only $23 and it looks so soft and comfy, I need it.
- Newport front tie top that I’m on the email list for because its out of stock in my size, but I am 100% buying this for Seattle.
- Been needing a new pair of athletic shoes and I found these alpha bounce adidas also love these adidas Originals Deerupt Sneakers.
- I’ve been redoing my closet (which i will make a separate post about) but one thing I bought is this red Levi’s Tee.
- I posted about this lip mask last month because I had just got it but my updates is… it’s amazing. As good as everyone’s been saying. After having it on I can’t stop rubbing my lips together because of how soft they are.
Favorite Shops to Spend time on :
World Market – I love to go into this store as well they have the best furniture and I got the best smelling body scrub from Huntington Soap Co.
LA Hearts Swimwear – I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for swimsuits for summer body inspiration.
Thrillest – Has the best travel guides, I have been using it to look up yummy places for my upcoming trip with my sister to Seattle.
ASOS – Again been redoing my closet and some of it has been from this shop! They have EVERYTHING.
I wanted to make a post about “The Advice Book” I made for my little sister for Christmas. It’s such a sweet & sentimental gift to give to someone you care about. I’m actually not that crafty when it comes to making presents like this, but this one was actually pretty easy. I bought a blank journal from Target and got to work. My opening page (which I cried writing) is pictured below to help give you an idea. I wrote lessons I have learned along the way about boys, self-confidence, money, friends and threw in some quotes that have stuck with me over the years.
Here are a few examples :
“Be content with the process & where you are. You may not be where you want to be one day, but you will get there. Don’t waste today wishing it was tomorrow because the time will pass you by.”
“When your heart hurts :
– Eat Ice Cream
– Go for a Drive
– Listen to Sad Songs
– Listen to Happy Songs
– Take a Bubble Bath
– Buy a new Outfit
– Play with a Puppy
– Take a Trip
– Have a Dance Party
– Watch Me before You to remind you that your life isn’t THAT bad.
– Buy yourself flowers
– Spend time at the Gym
– Kiss a cute boy
– Cry with a friend”
“If it won’t matter to you in 1 year, let it go.”
“LOVE is not a reason to tolerate DISRESPECT.”
“Happiness is just a way of looking at life.”
“Growing up is a lot different than you think it is going to be. Don’t set unrealistically high expectations. Take things for what they are and just go with the flow. Life is so good & worth all the hard times you will go through.”
“You’re NOT a snack if everybody has a bite…. you’re a FREE sample!”
“Negativity in all forms will kill your happiness before anything else. Get rid of negative people & negative thoughts.”
“Credit cards will get you in trouble. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.”
“People can’t read your mind, you have to learn how to communicate your feelings in a nice way. AND it will be different with every boy you date or every family member/friend you have.”
“Assumptions make an (ASS) out of yo(U) & (ME). *if you’re confused it spells assume.”
– Push away the people who care about you.
– Stop learning
– Rely on others for your own happiness
– Do anything that doesn’t make you happy
– Beg for anyone’s attention
– Stop until you’re proud”
I’m sorry if this post gives you PTSD like it does with me, but soften the blow a little bit and buy yourself a few supplies to get excited about it!
1. Tons of cute Note Pads
2. Velvet Pencils
3. Charging Key Chain
This made the list for obvious reasons. Moms calls are pretty important.
4. Good Reusable Water Bottle
With all the go go go you have to stay hydrated!
Staying organized is the only way to handle so much at once. A planner helps me a ton to make sure I never forget an appointment or an event. It also helps to get a visual on how much time you have before you have a test or paper due!
6. Gel Pens
7. Cute Packpack that will MAKE IT THROUGH THE YEAR!
Because we’ve all had that backpack that falls apart halfway through the year and we have to stick it out and make the best of the second half.
8. Quality Headphones
If you’re running around on campus and you want to avoid having to talk to people headphones are a must. KIDDING! But seriously when you’re in a noisy setting trying to study or unable to hear these are great and they’re wireless!
9. Pencil Pouch
To keep all the essentials together.
10. On The Go Coffee Cup
Good luck with your new school year! Remember that C’s get degrees, KIDDING again! Maybe.
I struggle with not only finding a nice black pair of jeans, but keeping a nice pair of black jeans BLACK. I’ve gone through so many different pairs and they always end up looking grey and faded. Flying Monkey jeans are by far my favorite brand of jeans so when I found these babies with rips in the knees at a local boutique I HAD to have them (fall is still a ways away but I couldn’t wait!). These will now be my favorite go to pair because they are so soft and comfy and they look hot hot hot! BONUS they’re not too expensive especially for the quality of these pants.
You can find them HERE! or if you’re local to Utah I found them at Bohme.
One of my favorite ways to get myself motivated and excited about going to the gym is a new cute outfit to wear to the gym! I know it doesn’t last forever, but the new outfit will definitely get you through your rut. Here are a few of my favorite must-have workout items and some cute things I found on my favorite websites.
- Lululemon Pants Align II – Say what you will about the price, but these pants are seriously amazing and worth every penny. I purchased a few pairs from Victoria’s Secret and I hate them, they’re so tight and restricting I never wear them. I definitely would have been better off just buying another pair of the world’s softest workout pants. There is nothing that compares, it is like being naked.
- Marble Print Crop Top – I wear this top everywhere. It’s so cute and goes with black, white, pink, and grey bottoms. If you can’t tell, I like neutral colors.
- Adidas Tubulars – I cannot find the pair of tubulars I have anywhere online because I found them at a footlocker in Vegas, but I did find a cuuuteee pair of pale pink ones I’m dying over.
- Tie Back Tank – Yogi inspired tank that is perfect for all workouts. Perfect for glute day so you can check up on your booty gains.
- Cross Sports Bra – so edgy and cute, this sports bra is a win win because it’s only $16!
- Cropped Pink Tee – Loose, rolled sleeved plain tee. I have this is white and I wear it to the gym and with a pair of shorts and some sneaks on a regular basis. It’s so cute and easy plus its comfy but doesn’t look lazy.
I hope this gives you a little bit of inspo to get you back in the gym and looking better than ever!
I am constantly buying new phone cases because I hate when mine get scratched up or discolored. My FAVORITE place to look is Nordstrom Rack. They always have the cutest cases and a bunch of discounted Sonix and LuMee cases. Here are a few I found that they have right now that are to DIE for!
- Sombrero Chic
3. Cherry Bomb
6. Pucker Up
7. Black Marble
8. Gold Glitter