Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer is my ride or die (wow that’s a mouthful). The formula is perfect because it’s very lightweight. It gives you a good amount of coverage but it’s not thick so it never creases! It lasts all day long and blends in easily. The concealer comes in a tube with an easy application wand. I apply it in upside down triangles under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on my forehead and chin. This gives you the most natural look instead of only doing your dark circles. I blend it out with the beauty blender and set it will a banana powder. I use the fair neutral color because I’m usually very pale, but I also have the light color and the formula is consistent between colors. If you love MAC’s Pro Longwear concealer you’ll love this one!
I unintentionally found this hack while using a lip exfoliator from E.L.F. I originally bought it to help my lipstick go on smoother. I use it 3-4 times a week and have noticed a HUGE difference in the size and plumpness of my lips. This exfoliator is THREE dollars. It keeps your lips looking and feeling so soft. It’s not too messy because it comes in lipstick form and really scrubs off the dead skin. I purchased mine from Target, but it is also available at Ulta and it has a 4.5 star rating! I use the clear one because it has big exfoliating sugar grains. For the price I think it’s good. It’s not going to plump your lips up like $800 lip injections would, but I love this and will continue to use it. The exfoliator is also cruelty-free which gives you even more reason to try it out!
Awhile ago I posted that I was looking for the perfect nude lipstick that was super light and didn’t cast weird hues and I finally found it! I tried ABH Liquid Lipstick and not only did I fall in love with the color, but also the formula. This lipstick is SOOO crazy long lasting. I wore it out on girls night to The Cheesecake Factory and it lasted through an appetizer, entree (which was a burger might I add) and even looked perfect after dessert. It’s say smudge-proof but really no matter how had you tried you couldn’t mess it up. Matte liquid lipsticks are supposed to be a dry formula, but it wasn’t drying if that makes sense. I’ve tried a few lipsticks that actually make my lips feel constricted because they’re so drying and then they start to crack. This wasn’t like that AT ALL! It feels so smooth and nice. After trying it I logged onto Ulta to see all the colors they have (which are all so pretty) and there was so many good reviews. The color I used is called Milkshake, but I will definably be purchasing more!
When I first heard about this product I was surprised (in a very good way)! I love my Clarisonic but I never thought of them coming out with such an innovative product like this. If you don’t know what it is, Clarisonic is typically an electric face washing brush. It has interchangeable heads to do different things, but this make-up brush attachment is a game changer. Make-up by Mario helped launch this product so I knew it had to be good. I told my sister and she bought it and raved about it. I was thinking “I’m sure it’s super cool but is it really necessary? Probably not.” She ended up buying one for me because she wanted someone else could experience the joy this product brought. I genuinely thought she was being a weirdo. Well, she wasn’t. I don’t even know how to explain how amazing the sonic foundation brush is. I was shocked and confused as to how it works so beautifully until I researched. The brush uses a patented oscillation technology which allows it to generate 18,000 micro-blends per minute. It blends ANYTHING into your face flawlessly (concealer, foundation, color corrector). Using it required no effort or man power! You turn it on and let it work its magic while you just lightly move it around your face. The sonic head was mind blowingly quick, their claim is 60 seconds or less (its no joke). In reality this brush can replace so many others that you would usually use while applying make-up. I really cannot say enough good things about it, but I will say one more. It’s inexpensive for such a high quality product and I will definitely be buying more of them. MUAH MUAH MUAH from me.
I’ve been looking for a new Foundation for a while and I have finally found one that I am hooked on! I’ve loved every beauty product I’ve tried from Tarte, so I decided to give their Amazonian Clay Foundation a try. It’s full coverage which I feel is a must, but it isn’t heavy and it’s oil-free! Something a lot of people don’t know is that some foundations contain oil and that’s what is actually causing your face to become so greasy throughout the day. If you didn’t already know I’m extremely pale and I’ve had a really hard time finding foundations that match my skin, but Tarte has multiple colors that can work for my skin coloring. They even have a shade matcher where you can select the girl with the closest skin-tone to yours and it gives you 3 color options! Amazonian Clay has 25 total color options. Tarte has done such a good job at creating a perfect color and formula that works for everyone. If you don’t believe me read the reviews on this product, every single person loves it! It is SPF 15 adding a good extra layer of protection for your precious skin. Another plus is that is this foundation goes on and blends easily, it leaves you with a very naturally beautiful look.
It’s no secret the Beauty Blender sponge is one of the greatest make-up application products on the market, so I decided to write some tips to help you use it like a pro!
- Saturate the sponge in water! Squeeze (don’t wring because it will tear!) out the excess water and if needed give it a squeeze in a wash cloth or paper towel to get it just damp enough. Keep it moist as you continue to use it in your beauty routine (I use a beauty water from LUSH).
- Use cold water! If you use warm water it makes your sponge smell musky.
- When applying foundation don’t put the product directly on the sponge, use a mixing plate or the back of your hand to help you get an even coverage.
- Pounce and press your make-up in to get the best natural blending results. Rubbing will wipe off your product or create lines and we don’t want to do that so dab it into your skin!
- When using the sponge around and under your eyes squeeze it to make the tip smaller to get into all those crevices.
- DRY SPONGE! Did you know because of the denseness when the sponge is dry its perfect for packing on loose powder or erasing mistakes such as too much blush!
- WASH IT! Any anti-bacterial soap will work, baby soap, hand soap! Just make sure to keep it clean. The sponge needs to be cleaned just as often as your make-up brushes.
- Replace your Beauty Blender every few months, the sponge will start to lose its shape and break down.
- After using it make sure to leave it out to dry! Don’t immediately put it in a makeup bag to help you avoid creating bacteria which can cause unwanted breakouts!
- If you use a sunless tanner, the blending sponge is a great way to evenly blend it out on your face instead of trying to use a big mitt that you used on your entire body.
Hopefully these tips will help you better understand how to get the most out of your beauty blending sponge! I’m sure in no time you all will be looking like your own MUA’s. If you have any questions about beauty tips please send them to me on the Contact Me page! Knowledge is power.
This is the beauty blender I use from Real Techniques! I don’t use the Beautyblender brand because they’re more expensive for the same thing.